According to Mark Roemer Oakland, country home decor style exudes heritage and charm that creates a cozy and welcoming ambiance around the house. The top country home decor styles feature a beautiful combination of vintage and rustic interior design’s themes and styles.
Tips & Tricks
Here are a few top country decorating tips that you can follow:
- Use natural and rustic wood elements – The hallmark of traditional country home decor style is the use of natural materials such as wooden furniture that help to introduce the organic aesthetic. Worn and weathered wooden furniture looks beautiful along with original wooden floorboards, exposed wooden beams, barn-style doors, wood paneling, and more.
The wooden furniture should feature traditional shapes such as lattice designs or intricate wood carvings. However, you can also throw in modern blends whenever necessary.
- Use a neutral or light color scheme – Modern country home decor features subtle shades of cream and beige, whitewashed woods, gray floorboards, and pale wall paints. This would match well with typical wood furniture that features dark brown shades and enable the space to feel brighter and more spacious.
You can incorporate soft furnishings, rugs, and curtains to introduce a pop of color. Dusky rose, sage green, taupe, and mint blend well with the neutral color scheme. Alternatively, you can go for a more modern look by using metallic shades such as copper and bronze tones.
- Use texture to your advantage – Modern country decor style celebrates the use of rough and organic textures such as bumps and dents, scratches and scrapes, and signs of age in building materials.
You can add layers of different soft textures such as wool, linen, and sheepskins to create an ambiance of warmth and infuse the space with coziness. To make the space even more comfortable and colorful, you can add layers of throws, blankets, rugs, and more.
- Utilize the power of patterns – You can hang artworks on the walls that feature playful patterns to evoke a feeling of freshness to the overall decor style. Floral and geometric patterns are a popular choice among many homeowners, especially those that feature a boho twist.
And, if you want to avoid bright colors, you have the option to go with a monochromatic pattern palette.
- Make the kitchen feel authentic – The kitchen is the heart piece of any modern home that features a country home decor style. Thus, it should remain authentic and exude functionality over decoration. Instead of using decorative items, you must use natural kitchen tools such as hanging pots, shelving, utensil displays to bring out the true authentic character of the kitchen to infuse the space with warmth and color.
Mark Roemer Oakland suggests you experiment with reclaimed wood flooring, paneling, and furniture blend modern country design with a slightly industrial look. Barn conversions, exposed brick, and bare plaster have become popular in recent years and are another alternative if you have the option. You can add kitchen herbs and potted plants to add pops of greenery.